2013 NORA/ASCC Season -
Here’s a brief outline of the changes being made for the up coming season. This is just a brief outline for informational purposes and not the actual wording for the rule changes.
1) NORA will maintain all the current SCCA rules, classing, and regulations except as noted.
- NORA will have a separate Street Tire Group. This is unique to NORA and is not what is currently being tried by SCCA.
- All car classes will compete against each other, based on PAX, within their group.
- All group winners will have a “run off” at the end of each event consisting of 2 runs for overall standings.
To briefly explain what this means, all the current SCCA classes that we have run are still in effect. We are adding a new “Street Tire Stock” class. This new car/class will be the same groupings as the current SCCA Stock classing. Ex – Corvettes are still in SS, Minis are in HS…
The new Street Tire Class’s will be designated by a “T” in front of the first letter of the original stock class. Ex – a GS car running the new Street Tire class would be TG. SS=TS, AS=TA, BS=TB…
The new Street Tire Class will have some new unique rules. Regular SCCA Stock rules apply except as noted below
- No “R” Comps or Race Tires
- Tread wear rating of 140 and higher
- Tires must have at least 2/32 tread remaining at the end of competition
- BOTH aftermarket front and rear sway bars may be used
- no remote reservoir shocks or shocks with more than 2 adjustments
All competitors will now compete based on PAX within their Groups. Groups defined as Street Tire, Stock, Street Prepared, Street Touring, etc. This means that we will have a new Street Tire PAX for each class in this new group. We DO NOT run Karts eliminating that group. With the creation of the Street Tire group and our Rookie group, we will have 8 groups total. This will give everyone across the board, higher level of competition and more competitors to run against.
A run off at the end of each event for each group winner will be used calculate points to determine our new Driver of the Year. This combined with competition within each group happening at the same time of the day and under the same conditions (clean course vs dirty, morning vs afternoon) should create a very level playing field for all competitors, reduce any advantage of when you run, and will effective eliminate the need for a “Pro” or “PAX” class. So NORA will no longer have any form of an “X” class.
In short – win your group under the same conditions as the only people you are competing against. Those points will be calculated for season totals. Move onto the challenge round. Compete against other group winners. Those points will be calculated for overall Driver of the Year standings.
As stated earlier, we will have individual PAX’s for all 9 classes within the new Street Tire Group. We are hoping to have the final wording and the PAX numbers available by March 1st. All further updates will be posted on the NORA website and in the Forum.